If you’re not a fan of cow’s milk or you can’t eat dairy, oat milk ice cream might just be the treat for you. This creamy, dairy-free ice cream is great if you’d like a frozen treat without the lactose. You can make your very own oat milk ice cream with tons of different flavour combinations right in your own kitchen!
- 32 fl oz (950 mL) of oat milk
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 US tbsp (15 mL) of vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
- 6 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup (85 g) of cane sugar
- 1/4 cup (32 g) of corn starch
Makes 4 servings
Put the oat milk, vanilla bean, extract, and salt in a medium saucepan. Measure out 32 fl oz (950 mL) of oat milk and pour it into the saucepan. Then, add 1 vanilla bean (split lengthwise with the seeds scraped out), 1 US tbsp (15 mL) of vanilla extract, and a pinch of sea salt and stir everything together.
- Make sure you shake up your oat milk before you pour it in! Sometimes, the small pieces of oats can settle at the bottom of the carton.